- The most up-to-date version can be found on this website: gethaystack.com
WHICH TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS AND FROM WHICH SOURCES?
- Information provided either by you or collected by us while using our services or visiting our websites.
- Information about you can include data stored in your accounts that you access through Haystack.
WHY AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- To respond to your requests; to deliver functionality on our sites; to administer our subscriptions; to market and tailor products and services to your or your company’s interests; to engage in transactions with and process orders; to develop, improve the performance of, and secure our sites, products and services; and to comply with applicable laws such as to comply with an opt-out request.
- We only process the data stored in your accounts that you access through Haystack to the extent necessary to help you find and use it. Your data will be read and used only by you. No other humans may be allowed to read such data, except in three limited cases: at your specific request (e.g., for tech support); if it is necessary for security purposes; or to comply with applicable laws.
HOW CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Only to the extent necessary to for the aforementioned purposes. To that extent and for those purposes it may be shared within our organization and with third parties (e.g. payment service providers).
- We never sell your personal information to anyone. We do not share or transfer your personal information to serve you advertisements.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES?
GOOGLE USER DATA LIMITED USE DISCLOSURE
- Haystack’s use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
HOW TO CONTACT HAYSTACK IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS?
- Regarding privacy related matters, please contact us at: [email protected]
When interacting with our websites, you also have the ability to link or connect with non-Haystack websites, services, social networks, applications or other features. Enabling these features will lead to other parties than Haystack processing information about you. Haystack does not have any control over these features of other parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these parties before using these features.
3. Who is responsible for your personal information?
4. Which types of personal information do we process and from which sources?
Haystack can process information about you provided either by you or collected by us online.
Online information about you originates from your activities on our sites, for example, in relation with your Haystack accounts, or subscription to our newsletters or other notifications.
Information about you that Haystack may collect and process includes:
- name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers;
- demographic attributes, when tied to personal information that identifies you;
- photographs and testimonials;
- transactional data, including products and services ordered, financial details and payment methods;
- company data such as the name, size and location of the company you work for and your role within the company;
- data from surveys and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier or cookie ID on your browser;
- IP address and information that may be derived from IP address, such as geographic location;
- information about a device you use, such as browser, device type, operating system, the presence or use of “apps”, screen resolution, and the preferred language;
- behavioral data of the internet connected computer or device you use when interacting with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
Please note that Haystack does not control the content that you may post to social networks; in some cases, such content may be publicly available on the Internet. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit personal information to these forums or social networks and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you may submit accordingly.
Platform Content and Platform User Information
Platform Content and Platform User Information are special categories of online information, which have an important role in the provision of our services.
Haystack is a tool that helps you find and organize your data stored in your user accounts at other online platforms integrated with Haystack (these platforms to be referred as “Integrated Platforms”, and the data as “Platform Content”) that you decide to access through Haystack.
Therefore, Haystack can process your Platform Content. Platform Content typically includes content and metadata of messages (emails), files and links (bookmarks).
Haystack can also process specific personal information related to your user accounts at the Integrated Platforms (to be referred as “Platform User Information”), such as: name, email address, username, user avatar.
To see currently Integrated Platforms, visit our Integrations page.
5. Why and how do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- to communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Haystack;
- to deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management;
- to market our products and services or related products and services, and to tailor our marketing and sales activities to your or your company’s interests;
- to engage in transactions with customers, and to process orders for Haystack products and services;
- to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services;
- to manage the security of our sites, networks and systems;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business;
These purposes are described below in further detail.
To communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to Haystack
If you get in touch with us (such as by submitting contact forms on our sites, sending an email or by visiting social media platforms), we process information about you to communicate with you and to respond to your requests or other inquiries. We can also process personal information to interact with you on third party social networks.
To deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management
When you choose to register with us, we need to process the personal information provided by you so that we can create and manage a personal account for you. Upon creating your account, we will send you your personal login information. This personal information enables us to administer your account, for example by changing your password for you.
Haystack is a tool that helps you find and organize your Platform Content. In order to perform this task, we need to access your Platform Content. We only process your Platform Content to the extent necessary to provide you the user-facing features that are part of our services.
To market our products and services or related products and services and to tailor marketing and sales activities
Generally, Haystack may use information about you to notify you about new product releases and service developments, events, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns and promotions (including via newsletters). Haystack may also use personal information to advertise Haystack’s products and services or related products and services. We do our best to tailor your website visit, marketing experience and our communications to your expressed interests.
However, we do not use your Platform Content to serve you advertisements, or for any other marketing and sales purposes.
We may also process your personal information to post testimonials on our sites, but will first obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
To engage in transactions with customers, and to process purchases of our products and services
If you place an order for our products and services, Haystack processes information about you to engage in and administer the relevant transactions (such as by sending invoices and making payments), administer your order, and help you get started and adopt our products and services. If you download products or services from our sites, Haystack uses information about you to confirm certain information about your order (for example, that you did not experience problems in the download process).
To analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services
We may process personal information in order to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services, as well as marketing and sales campaigns.
To manage the security of our sites, networks and systems
We may collect site use data for security and operations management to help keep our sites, networks and systems secure, or to investigate and prevent potential fraud, including ad fraud and cyber-attacks and to detect bots.
To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business
In some cases, we have to process personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. For example, to respond to a request from a regulator or to defend a legal claim. We may also process personal information in the performance and operation of our business, such as to conduct internal audits and investigations or for finance and accounting and archiving and insurance purposes.
6. What is our basis for processing information about you?
For personal information collected about you in the EU, our basis for processing is the following:
- In order to communicate adequately with you and to respond to your requests, we need to process information about you and therefore have a legitimate interest in processing this information.
- In order to engage in transactions with customers, and to process purchases and downloads of our products and services, we need to process information about you as necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you.
- We process Platform Content and Platform User Information based on your consent, according to your choice to access your user account at an Integrated Platform, as necessary to provide you the user-facing features of our services.
- We process personal information for marketing and sales activities based on your consent where so indicated on our sites at the time your personal information was collected, or further to our legitimate interest to market and promote our products and services.
- We rely on our legitimate interest to analyze, develop, improve and optimize our sites, products and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks and systems.
- In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
7. For what period do we retain personal information
Haystack maintains personal information for the following retention periods:
- Information about you we collect to engage in transactions with our customers, and to process purchases of our products and services, will be retained for the duration of the transaction or services period, or longer as necessary for record retention and legal compliance purposes.
- If you have registered for a Haystack account, your account information will be retained for as long as you maintain an active account. Your account and account information will be deleted if you do not log in for 18 consecutive months. Haystack retains records of that deletion for 90 days.
- If you have registered for our newsletters your subscription data will be retained for as long as you are subscribed to our distribution lists. Haystack retains records of that deletion for 30 days.
- Contact information such as your email address or phone number collected online on our sites, and used for direct marketing and sales activities will be retained for as long as we have an active (customer) relationship with you. We treat you as an active contact if (i) you have interacted with Haystack or updated your contact details and preferences in the past 18 months; and (ii) you have not made a deletion request.
- Personal information needed to retain your opt-out preferences is retained for 20 years (or longer as necessary to comply with applicable law).
8. When and how can we share your personal information?
Sharing within Haystack
Haystack officers and employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
As a general rule, Haystack does not allow its officers and employees (or any other humans) to read your Platform Content. There are three limited exceptions to this rule: (a) Haystack obtains your consent to read specific messages or other content (for example, for tech support), (b) it is necessary for security purposes (for example, investigating a bug or abuse), (c) to comply with applicable laws.
Sharing with third parties
We may share personal information with the following third parties:
- Third-party service providers (for example, credit card processing services, order fulfilment, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar service providers) in order for those service providers to perform business functions on behalf of Haystack;
- Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
We do not sell your personal information.
We do not share or transfer your personal information to serve you advertisements.
9. How is your personal information secured?
Haystack has implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
10. What cookies and similar technologies do we use on our sites?
Cookies and similar technologies (e.g., pixels tags and device identifiers) are used by Haystack and our advertising technology partners to recognize you and/or your device(s) on, off and across different services and devices for the purposes specified in Section 5 above.
Which types of cookie are used by Haystack?
Haystack website uses three types of cookies:
- Required Cookies: These cookies are required to enable core site functionality such as providing secure log-in and are automatically enabled when you use this site.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable additional functionality like saving preferences such as analyzing usage for site optimization.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies collect information to better understand your interests, provide you with interest-based advertising and tailored content across browsers and devices, facilitate measurement and analytics, and improve Haystack products and services.
You can choose whether Haystack site may use Functional and/or Advertising cookies. We will signal participating partners with your choice.
Specific data collection cookies used by Haystack:
|Session Cookies||Required||Authentication, application state, cache|
|Google Tag Manager||Functional||Central controller of cookies|
|Google Optimize||Functional||A/B, multivariate testing, optimizing UI|
|HotJar||Functional||User behavior, testing, optimizing UX, UI|
|Performance monitoring||Functional||Firebase Performance monitoring of UI activities, debugging, optimization|
|Google Analytics||Advertising||User behavior, page views, advertising audience collection|
|Facebook Pixel||Advertising||User behavior, page views, advertising audience collectionn|
How can I manage my cookie preferences?
If you are a visitor on our sites, you can use our cookie preferences tool to opt out of cookies that are not required to enable core site functionality, such as advertising and functional cookies.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can also change your browser settings on your computer or other device you are using to access our services. Most browsers also provide functionality that lets you review and erase cookies, including Haystack cookies.
11. What are your choices?
We provide multiple choices in respect of the information we process about you:
- Opt-out of our use of your personal information
You may withdraw consent you have previously provided for the processing of information about you, including for email marketing by Haystack.
- Delete personal information
You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you.
- Change or correct personal information
You can edit some of the information about you by. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or limit or restrict use of personal information
You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate).
- Right to access and/or have your information provided to you
You can also ask us for a copy of information about you and can ask for a copy of information about you provided in machine readable form if you reside in the EU or other country that provides you this right as a matter of law.
You can exercise these choices in accordance with applicable laws as specified below, or by writing an e-mail to [email protected].
Email and Profile Information: To customize and control your preferences for receiving electronic communications from Haystack, login at gethaystack.com and follow the prompts to “update my profile.” You may opt out of Haystack’s email marketing by modifying your online profile as described above or by using our general unsubscribe automated link that is included in Haystack marketing emails.
Cookie Preferences on Haystack Websites: Haystack enables you to opt out of cookies that are not required to enable core site functionality. Haystack uses its cookie preferences tool to processes Internet advertising and tracking preferences. Once you have set your cookie preferences, Haystack will follow the specific choices you made on the cookie preferences tool. Please remember that if you delete your cookies, or use a different browser or computer, you will need to set your cookie preferences again. You may access or change your cookie preference for Haystack websites, or through the links provided in the Haystack website footers.
EU/EEA Resident Data Subject Access Request and Rights Process: Pursuant to the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable laws and regulations, individuals in the EU/EEA and other jurisdictions may have data subject rights enabling them to request to access, delete, correct, remove or limit the use, or receive a copy of their personal information in Haystack’s possession or for which Haystack is otherwise responsible.
12. Do you collect sensitive information and information from children?
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you do not send us, and do not share any sensitive personal information (for example, government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).
As a company focused on serving the needs of businesses and adult professionals, Haystack’s sites are not directed to minors and Haystack does not promote or market its services to minors, except in very limited circumstances with parental permission. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected personal information of a minor through our sites without appropriate consent, please notify us through [email protected] so that we may immediately delete the information from our servers and make any other necessary corrections.
13. Dispute resolution or filing a complaint
You also have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority if you are a resident of a European Union member state.
14. Haystack corporate headquarters
Haystack is operated by Nision Research LLC (Nision Research Kft.).
The company’s official data as follows:
Corporate headquarters: Király utca 80. fszt. 11. 1068 Budapest, Hungary.
Company registration number: 01-09-345061
European Unique Identifier (EUID): HUOCCSZ.01-09-345061
Tax number: 26791829-2-42
E-mail: [email protected]